The purchase of a puppy is NOT like buying a used car -- you go out the driveway and it's YOURS regardless. The welfare of High Pines Beagles puppies is our main concern. We warrant the health of our puppies. We allow five days for you to return the puppy (provided it is still in good health and had not been harmed) if you just change your mind. After all, a puppy is similar to a new baby in the house! And needs attention just like that. Our contract also contains the requirement that you must promptly take your puppy to the vet and if anything is amiss, let us know immediately with a certification from the vet.
We had one family that PAID IN FULL for their puppy BEFORE the female was even bred. They waited anxiously to pick up their new baby. After picking up their puppy on the way home, they noticed that their youngest child appeared sleeply and was rubbing her eyes. Turns out she was allergic to the puppy. They had to deal with the heartbreak of not being being able to have a puppy in the house, but they did not have to worry about the honesty and integrity of the owners of High Pines Beagles. Their money was refunded.
Somestimes it is longer than just a few days and you discover you cannot keep your beagle (maybe you have moved and can't take him). We require that you offer us first option to take the beagle back and place him in a new home through High Pines Beagles.
Before purchasing High Pines Beagles puppy, please review our contract below. The welfare of our puppies comes first.
HIGH PINES BEAGLES
PUPPY SALES AGREEMENT DATE:
VENDOR: J.R. and Faye Davenport
Puppy Information: BEAGLE Date of Birth: Sex
AKC Litter Registration No. Pending: _
Identification/Color: ____ Tricolor ____ Lemon/White ____
Dam’s Registered Name:
Dam’s Registration Number:
Sire’s Registered Name
Sire’s Registration Number
Shipping Costs (if Applicable):
Deposit(s) Paid: $_________ Received ____________ Check No. ___________
Balance Owing at Pickup: Final Payment Due $__________ Check No. _________ Cash ________
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. In the event the Purchaser for any reason whatsoever at any time is unable to keep the dog, the Vendor shall have the first right to place the dog.
2. The Purchaser agrees that this Puppy is being sold on a: ____ LIMITED REGISTRATION contract, which prohibits the puppy from being bred later on, or a █ FULL REGISTRATION contract with no limitations on breeding the puppy when sufficiently mature (one and one-half to two years of age).
3. In the event the animal is mistreated at any time by Purchaser, the Purchaser agrees that the Vendor shall be entitled to immediately thereafter repurchase the dog for a price of $50.
4. If within six (6) months from the date of birth, a dog is certified by a licensed veterinarian to have any congenital or hereditary disorder which seriously affects the animal’s enjoyment of life, Purchaser is required to contact the Vendor within 48 hours of said examination to serve notice of Purchaser’s veterinarian’s report and to provide a written copy of the report. If available, the Vendor will be responsible for providing a replacement puppy of equivalent value or a refund of purchase price upon return of the dog to the Vendor. However, Vendor will not be responsible for any veterinarian’s fees or costs incurred. The cost of returning the puppy to the Vendor shall be at Purchaser’s expense. The liability of the Vendor is limited to the lesser of the purchase price of the puppy or the cost charged by Vendor’s veterinarian for a recommended procedure.
(a) Because of the variety and quality of dog foods available (and all canine illnesses are NOT covered by vaccination) , in order to activate and maintain your six-month health warranty, we require that you High Pines Beagle Puppy be maintained on “Nu-Vet Plus Canine.” This Nutritional Supplement is only available through the manufacturer by breeder recommendation. After your initial supply of NuVet furnished by the Vendor is depleted, you may reorder at 1-800-474-7044, 8 AM to 6 PM Pacific Time. Your Order Code is: 31939.
It is expressly understood and agreed that this health warranty will be considered null and void if your High Pines Puppy is not maintained on the Nu-Vet supplement.
5. The Purchaser agrees to take their dog to a licensed veterinarian within two (2) business days of delivery. Subject to Paragraph 4 above, the puppy will be deemed to be in good health unless the Purchaser’s veterinarian notifies the Vendor in writing within ten (10) business days of the date of delivery of the puppy of a serious health problem.
6. The Purchaser may within five (5) business days after delivery, return the puppy to the Vendor for a full refund of the purchase price (less any expense incurred by Vendor such as additional advertising) provided the puppy does not have any serious health problems caused while in the care of the Purchaser.
7. The Purchaser covenants and agrees to have their veterinary doctor provide the necessary annual immunizations and other preventive medication in accordance with what a prudent owner would provide for his dog. Further, Purchaser agrees to provide their puppy with all medical services as and when required throughout the life of the animal.
8. Vendor agrees to comply with requirement of the AKC with respect to the sale and registration of litter.
9. It is acknowledged that the Vendor may enforce any term of this contract through legal action. If legal action is necessary to enforce a provision of this contract, the Purchaser shall be held responsible for attorneys’ fees, court costs, and any additional costs incurred.
10. This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of: ____
11. The parties agree that in the event of any conflict between any term of this contract and any requirements imposed by any government authority or the American Kennel Club, then the requirements of such governmental authority or the American Kennel Club shall govern.
12. In the event any provision of this contact shall beheld invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining provisions of this contact shall not be affected thereby and shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Dated at: _______________________________________, this ____ day of _______________, 20__.
J. R. Davenport Faye
HEALTH RECORDS FOR YOUR
HIGH PINES BEAGLE PUPPY
Puppy Name: Male ___ Female ___
High Pines Sarah
High Pines Jack
42 Day Pregnant Dam Deworming:
Manufacturer: IV ProGuard CPv
5-Way Vaccination (6 weeks):
Manufacturer InterVet Proguard
Batch # 040060218
9 Week Due (2nd 5 way):
12 Week Due (1st 7-way):
15 Week Due:
18 Week Due (if applicable)
HEARTWORM PREVENTIVE SCHEDULE
Date Treatment Begins:
Day of Month Each Treatment is Due: