This is a site dedicated to my PC stuff. Primarily my HOFer Autographs. I appreciate you stopping by. Hope you enjoy my obsession!
I started collecting in 1981. After 30+ years I have learned that I love collecting!! It is a fantastic way for me to cherish the history of the game and to connect to the players and the teams I love to root for!! I have been blessed that as I close in on 40 years old, I now have a lot more financial flexibility to allocate to my collections.
I enjoy collecting Hall of Fame Autographs because I really think they stand the test of time. They are the greats of the game and it is sweet to have something tangible of theirs.
I really love getting 1/1 cards of my PC guys: Josh Hamilton, Michael Young, and Ivan Rodriguez. I especially love Printing Plates.
I have several different current collections:
- HOFer Autos - The goal is to have one auto of every HOFer. Cards or other flat items are preferred as I find balls too difficult to store. This is an impossible goal. I am currently at 209 different and the ones I still need are the really pricey ones. I have over 1,500 total HOFer autos.
- Top 300 (PSA) - A guy named Mike Payne wrote a great book where he selected the Top 300 Baseball Cards of the 20th Century. It has tremendously classic cards, many of which I will never be able to own, but my current goal is to have PSA graded examples of every card post-1960. It is a set registry on PSA so I can see my ranking among some really great collections. I sit currently 4th all-time on this set.
- Josh Hamilton - I want one of everything! Autos, game used, 1/1s, you name it. Currently I am closing in on 1,900 different cards with over 220 autos and almost 100 1/1s!!
- Michael Young - For Young cards I have mainly focused on Autos and 1/1s, but I will pretty much pick up anything I like.
- Ivan Rodriguez - Well over 2,500 different cards of Pudge. This one is a secondary focus now because his rarer stuff is getting pretty expensive, but I will occasionally pick up something new.
- Topps Baseball Complete Sets - I have every base Topps set 1973 - Present.
- Topps Heritage Sets - I am trying for a master run, but for now I am just trying to get every non-SP base card. I have 9 base sets complete with the others well on their way.
- Texas Rangers Topps Team Sets - 1972 - Present. Base set and Update set cards only. I would say this collection is about 80% complete.
- Juan Gonzalez - I was closing in on 4,000 different Juan cards. Finding cards I needed became more and more difficult and expensive so I sold the whole thing to another Juan collector and never looked back!!
Thanks for looking. I hope that you like the site and please feel free to give me feedback at [email protected].