This site is dedicated to the Crew of Shorts Sunderland Flying Boat, call sign DW110 of 228 Squadron, Coastal Command, which crashed into the Blue Stack Mountains in Donegal on 31st January 1944
Plaque which is just below the Crash site in the Blue Stack Mountains, listing the dead. This plaque was placed in the rock by Garry Pentland and his son, assisted by Liam Briody, members of his family, Joe McDermott and with the help of local businesses who lent equipment, Seamus Gormley from White Hill, Ballinamallard made the first cut in the rock face with his disc cutter on Sunday 7th May 1988 when a team of helpers carried an electric generator and other equipment to the crash site. The generator was lent to the team by Milligan Bros Contractors. The plaque was unveiled by S/Ldr J K Gilchrist on 9th September 1988 and it was permanantly installed by Harold Walls of Walls Engineering and by Gary Pentland on Sunday 27th Oct 1991. It replaces a white cross which was painted on the Rock face by the locals prior to this.