LISTEN/BUY/DOWNLOAD NEW CD: DAVID HARDIMAN'S SAN FRANCISCO ALL STAR BIG BAND "37TH ANNIVERSARY" RELEASED MARCH 17TH, 2012 http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/davidhardimanssanfrancis
LISTEN/BUY/DOWNLOAD NEW CD: "PORTRAIT OF DAVID HARDIMAN" http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dhardiman
LISTEN/BUY TO SAN FRANCISCO ALL STAR BIG BAND CD: "IT'LL BE ALRIGHT" Contact David Hardiman, http://firstname.lastname@example.org or Also the SF All Star Big Band can be heard on a CD Compilation: "cool jazz - the cocktail hour" Item no. 22228 "It'll Be Alright" with Various Artists-Jazz at http://www.EvidenceMusic.com
I am honored and want to thank all of my FAMILY AND FRIENDS FOR VOTING TO NOMINATE ME FOR MALE JAZZ MAN OF THE YEAR 2017 FOR THE NORTHERN CA ENTERTAINERS MUSIC AWARDS FOR 2017. The Northern California Entertainers Music Awards May 27th 2017 at The Crest Theatre, 1013 KSt Sacramento, Ca. MALE JAZZ ARTIST of the year award nominees.
WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE!
PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY FOR BOOKINGS OR MORE INFORMATION! OTHER AGENCIES THAT ARE LINKED WITH THIS WEBSITE TITLE BAR CAN BE CONTACTED ALSO
FOR OUR BOOKINGS! WE CAN NOW BE CONTACTED ALSO CLICK ON: https://www.gigmasters.com/variety-band/david-hardiman-combos-san-fran-all-star-big-band
DAVID HARDIMAN SR.
Trumpet Player, Teacher, Composer/Arranger, COMBOS & SAN FRANCISCO ALL STAR BIG BAND
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER http://twitter.com/DAVIDHARDIMAN or FACEBOOK http://facebook.com/davidhardimanssanfranciscoallstarbigband or LINKEDIN http://linkedin.com/davidhardiman or https://www.reverbnation.com/davidhardimanmusicinc?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav
FAMILY AND FRIENDS, BECAUSE I HAVE 5,000 WONDERFUL AND FANTASTIC FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK, FACEBOOK WON'T ALLOW ME TO ADD ANY MORE TO MY DAVID HARDIMAN PAGE! Please friend me, if you wish, on my other page: David Hardiman Music/ San Francisco All Star Big Band! I will now post everything on both pages. THANKS! David Hardiman, Sr. www.freewebs.com/davidhardiman
(510) 275-3688 Home/off.
FAX: (510) 275-3688 (CALL FIRST)
(415) 517-7688 Cell
AREAS OF COMPETENCE: - TRUMPET/FLUGELHORN, PIANO, THEORY, HARMONY, JAZZ MUSIC HISTORY, ARRANGER/ COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR, LECTURER/SPEAKER, ADJUDICATOR.
EDUCATION: -HONORARY DOCTORATE DEGREE OF ARTS WORLD MUSIC, MARTIN UNIVERSITY, INDIANAPOLIS, IND.,- MASTER OF MUSIC DEGREE, BUTLER UNIVERSITY, INDIANAPOLIS, IND.- BACHELOR OF MUSIC EDUCATION DEGREE, INDIANA UNIVERSITY, BLOOMINGTON, IND.
CREDENTIALS: -STANDARD TEACHING CREDENTIAL:
- STUDENT TEACHER
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
- ELEMENTARY EDUCATION TEACHER
- INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC TEACHER
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE INSTRUCTOR,
- STUDENT CONDUCTOR, YOUTH SYMPHONY,
-CONDUCTOR , ALL CITY BAND, INDIANAPOLIS, IND., 1 YEAR, ALL CITY SUMMER BANDS & ORCHESTRA, 3 YEARS CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO, MUSICALS: "FIORELLO", "PIRATES OF PENZANCE", "GYPSY".
OPERA ORCHESTRA- INDIANA UNIVERSITY, 1 YEAR
MARCHING "100" BAND- INDIANA UNIVERSITY, 4 YEARS
CONCERT BAND- INDIANA UNIVERSITY, 4 YEARS
CIVIC SYMPHONY - INDIANAPOLIS, IND., INDIANA CENTRAL COLLEGE, 1 YEAR
STAGE BAND -
ELDRIGE MORRISON BIG BAND- INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA, 2 YEARS
JIMMY COE'S BIG BAND -
LEADER & ARRANGER OF COMBO - "THE TINA LANE TV SHOW", 13 WEEKS, INDIANAPOLIS, IND
LEADER & ARRANGER OF COMBO -
PLAYED IN BANDS ACCOMPANYING THE FOLLOWING NATIONAL CELEBRITIES - "JACKIE WILSON", "THE DELLS", "THE HONEY CONES", "DONNY HATHAWAY", "RED PRYSOCK", "JOHNNIE RAY", "GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS", "NANCY WILSON", "TONY BENNETT", "PEGGY LEE", MUSICAL THEATER SHOWS:” SOPHISTICATED LADIES”, BLACK FILMMAKERS HALL OF FAME, PARAMOUNT THEATER, OAKLAND, CA
ED WILLIAMS & JOE ASKEW'S BIG BAND - OAKLAND, CA 2 YEARS
MZIZI QUINTET WITH FAYE CAROL - BERKELEY, CA. U.C. BERKELEY JAZZ FESTIVAL CLUB & CONCERT TOURS, 1 YEAR
JULUIS HEMPHILL BAND
EARL VAN'S BIG BAND -
"CUZ" COUSENAU'S BIG BAND -
LEADER/DIRECTOR & ARRANGER - SAN FRANCISCO, CA., DAVID HARDIMAN'S SAN FRANCISCO ALL STAR BIG BAND & COMBOS , 1975- PRESENT
(DAVID HARDIMAN'S SAN FRANCISCO ALL STAR BIG BAND has appeared at the following festivities: Union Street Fair ( San Francisco) , Palo Alto Street Fair, San Francisco Art Festival, Duke Ellington Celebration, Willie Brown Cotton Club Revue, Martin Luther King Celebration, San Francisco Cable Car Celebration, Marin City Community Festival and the Count Basie Celebration).
FILLMORE JAZZ PRESERVATION BIG BAND, KARLTON HESTER LEADER
MIKE VAX BIG BAND
ST. GABRIEL’S CELESTIAL BRASS BAND, AMBASSADORS OF AMERICAN MUSIC
DIRECTOR AFRICAN AMERICAN JAZZ CAUCUS DANCE BAND OF IAJE, 2003 TO 2008.
MITCH WOODS AND HIS ROCKET 88’S
HARTMANN STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS
JOEL NELSON PRODUCTIONS
PRIME TIME ENTERTAINMENT
LINDA WIGGANS PRODUCTIONS
MCCLARY MUSIC PRODUCTIONS
TERRY PIMSLEUR PRODUCTIONS
UNITED PROJECTS, INC-JIM LARKIN
PJT ENTERPRISES-PRESTON TURNER
LATIN BANDS: THE ALIENS, SALSA A LA CRAN , MESTISO, RENE DE LA ROSA'S SENORA MODERNA, UNIDAD SIETE, RITMO '74, CESARS LATIN ALL STARS, PEPE Y SU ORQUESTA DE PERU , SON DE CANIA, GRUPO CAFE CANELA', JOEL Y LA DIFERENCIA, ORQUESTA BORINQUEN, ETC.
BUGLER FOR “GOLDEN GATE FIELDS”, “BAY MEADOWS”HORSE RACE TRACKS 1996-PRESENT "GOLDEN GATE FIELDS BUGLER HERALDS THE RACES" http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Golden-Gate-Fields-bugler-heralds-the-races-2452094.php?cmpid=twitter-mobile#photo-2011902
PRODUCED CONCERTS WITH CCSF JAZZ COLLEGE BANDS AND JAZZ/ROCK IMPROV. WORKSHOP:
ARTIST NAME CATEGORY COMPOSER/ARRANGER RECORDINGS
1. "DIZZY" GILLESPIE, World famous trumpeter, big band leader, comp/arr. 100+
2. KENNY BURRELL, World famous guitarist, band leader, Prof.UCLA comp 100+
3. DON CHERRY, World famous trumpeter, band leader, comp./arr. 25+
4. JOE HENDERSON, World famous saxophonist, band leader, comp./arr. 100+
5. ANDREW HILL, World famous pianist/organist, band leader, comp/arr. 20+
6. LES McCANN, World famous pianist/organist,vocalist band leader comp 50+
7. FREDDIE HUBBARD, World famous trumpeter, band leader, comp/arr. 50+
8. DONALD BYRD, World famous trumpeter, band leader, teacher, comp/arr 50+
9. JOHN HANDY w/CLASS,World famous saxophonist,band leaderProf.SFU 25+
10. PETE ESCOVEDO, World famous percussionist, band leader, comp. 25+
11. WYNNARD HARPER, PHILLIP HARPER, World famous drummer/trumpet 25+
12. CYRUS CHESTNUT TRIO, World famous pianist, band leader, comp. 25+
13. DR. EDDIE HENDERSON, World famous trumpeter, band leader,Prof Jazz25+
14. JULIAN PRIESTER, World famous trombonist, band leader,Prof. Seattle C 25+
15. MARY STALLINGS, World famous vocalist, w/Count Basie Band 20+
16. BILL BELL, Bay Area famous pianist Prof. Alameda C.band leader
17. JULES BROUSSARD, Bay Area famous saxophonist, band leader, comp 20+
18. CALVIN KEYS, Bay Area famous guitarist, band leader, comp. 20+
19. PHIL UPCHURCH, World famous guitarist, band leader, comp. 50+
20. JEREMY PELT, World famous trumpeter, band leader, comp. 20+
21. CHARLES MCNEAL, Bay Area Saxophonist, band leader 20+
22. CRAIG HANDY, World famous Saxophonist, band leader 25+
23. MELVIN RHYNE, World famous Pianist/organist, band leader, comp. 25+
24. CARL LOCKETT, Bay Area famous guitarist, band leader, comp. 25+
25. “BUDDY” MONTGOMERY, , World famous pianist, band leader, 25+
26. PHIL RANELIN, World famous trombonist, band leader, comp. 25+
27. JAMES SPAULDING, World famous saxophonist, band leader, comp. 50+
28. DR. WILLIS KIRK JR.World famous drummer, band leader, Pres. CCSF comp20
29. DR. LARRY RIDLEY, World famous Bassist, band leader, Prof Rutgers U. 25+
30. KENNY DREW JR., World famous Pianist, band leader, comp. 25+
31. JEFF CLAYTON, World famous Saxophonist, band leader, comp. 25+
32. DR. WAYNE WALLACE, BayArea famous Trombonist, Prof SFU, I.U.com25+
33. CHARLES HAMILTON, Bay Area Famous Trombonist, Berkeley H, ProfSCU
34. JACQUE LEISURE, World famous guitarist, band leader, Comp/arr. 25+
35. EDDIE ALLEN, World famous trumpeter, band leader, Comp./arr. 25+
36. CARL ALLEN, World famous drummer, band leader, teacher 25+
37. SAUNDRA POINDEXTER, Bay Area famous violinist, teacher 20+
38. ROGER GLENN, Bay Area famous saxophonist, vibist, comp/arr. 20+
39. MICHAEL WOLFE, World famous Pianist, band leader, film music producer25
40. STANLEY JORDAN, World famous guitarist, band leader, composer 50+41. MICHELLE ROSEWOMAN, World famous Pianist, band leader 20+
42. MELL MARTIN, Bay Area famous saxophonist, band leader 20+
43. TEODROUS AVERY, Former SF Bay Area famous saxophonist 10
PERFORMANCE: “COUNT”BASIE BIG BAND WORLD FAMOUS 100+
CONDUCTOR CHOIRS: EASTERN
SOLOIST W/ CHOIRS AND PERFORMANCES W/ OWN COMBOS AND
PERFORMANCES W/”REJOICE! REJOICE! REJOICE!” PRODUCTIONS-DR. WILLIS KIRK, JR. DIRECTOR
PERFORMANCE W/ UC BERKELEY GOSPEL CHOIR, "GOSPEL MEETS JAZZ", HERTZ HALL-DR. MARK WILSON DIRECTOR
PERFORMANCES W/ THIRD BAPTIST CHURCH CHOIRS, SAN FRANCISCO
PERFORMANCES W/ TAYLOR UNITED MEMORIAL METHODIST CHURCH CHOIRS,
PERFORMANCE AT ALLEN TEMPLE CHURCH, OAKLAND, CA & LECTURE
PERFORMANCES AT JONES MEMORIAL METHODIST CHURCH, AND CITY HALL OF SAN FRANCISCO, CA
PERFORMANCES WITH ST. GABRIEL’S CELESTIAL BRASS BAND, AMBASSADORS OF AMERICAN MUSIC (NEW ORLEANS 2ND LINE MUSIC) FOR FUNERALS AT CHURCHES & CEMETERY'S.
- "IT'LL BE ALRIGHT" DAVID HARDIMAN'S
-LISTENBUY NEW CD: "PORTRAIT OF DAVID HARDIMAN", http://cdbaby.com/cd/dhardiman DAVID HARDIMAN SEXTET, DAVID HARDIMAN MUSIC, INC.
-LISTEN/BUY/DOWNLOAD NEW CD: "DAVID HARDIMAN'S MUSIC AROUND THE WORLD" www.cdbaby.com/cd/davidhardiman GENRES: JAZZ/ PUERTO RICAN SALSA, BRAZILIAN SAMBA, JAMAICAN REGGAE! Music for your SOUL, MIND & DANCING FEET! IT'S FANTASTIC! YOU'LL DIG IT!
-LISTEN/BUY/DOWNLOAD NEW CD: DAVID HARDIMAN'S SAN FRANCISCO ALL STAR BIG BAND "37TH ANNIVERSARY" RELEASED MARCH 17TH, 2012 http://cdbaby.com/cd/davidhardimanssanfrancis
- GENERACION - GENERATION SALSA BAND
- JIMMY Mc DANIELS - JIMMY COE'S BIG BAND
- BUBBLE MACHINE SYMPHONY COMMERCIAL - BILL BELL ORCHESTRA
- RITMO ' 74 - RITMO ' 74 SALSA BAND
- FILLMORE JAZZ PRESERVATION BIG BAND
- OTHER COMMERCIALS FOR RADIO, 7 DEMONSTRATION TAPES
- KWAKU DADDY-
- NINA CAUSEY “TAKE ME TO
-NINA CAUSEY "HOLDING ON FOREVER", KARNIVEL RECORDS, CITY HALL
- PHILLIP GORDON”STOLEN MOMENTS”, BLUE MATRIX RECORDS
-ELIZABETH CLEE & SEBASTIAN DIAZ "AMER DE MIS SUENOS (LOVE OF MY DREAMS)
AWARDS/ PROCLAMATIONS/ NOMINATIONS/TROHPHIES/MEDALS:
1. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NEGRO MUSICIANS YOUTH DIVISION AWARD FOR PRESIDENT 1960.
2. .DOWN BEAT MAGAZINE, 1979-THREE STARS IN DOWNBEAT MAGAZINE FOR LP "IT'LL BE ALL
RIGHT" THERESA RECORDS, PRODUCER ALLEN PITTMAN. SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA CONVERTED TO CD IN 2003 BY EVIDENCE MUSIC, 1100 E. HECTOR ST. SUITE 392,
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA 19428 Email: EvidenceMusic@aol.com Phone:(800) 474-5131
3. BAY AREA ENTERTAINMENT ANNUAL TOP STARS AWARDS FOR "TOP BIG BAND" FOR DAVID HARDIMAN’S SAN FRANCISCO ALL STAR BIG BAND 1981.
4. PATRIARCH OF THE FAMILY "DAVID ALEXANDER HARDIMAN" "FATHER OF THE TRIBE", CARMEN JAMESON, 7-4-90.
5. CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION devoted to the 56th Annual Student Speakers Program, and as Multiple District Four Lions International dedicated to helping the youth of California-Nevada, Dr. Willis F. Kirk, Jr., Student Speakers Committee Chairman. 1992-1993.
6. MEDAL INDIANAPOLIS "LINK'S BARBECUE, TRIBUTE TO INDIANA AFRICAN AMERICAN JAZZ ARTISTS”, June 14, 1996. AT THE INDIANA ROOF BALLROOM.
7. RECIPIENT OF THE PROCLAMATION FROM THE MAYORS OFFICE OF SAN FRANCISCO FOR MUSIC EDUCATION 2004.
8. TROPHY FROM CCSF/CBAA DECEMBER 2004 "THANK YOU DAVID HARDIMAN FOR BEING THE WIND BENEATH OUR WINGS".
9. OFFICIAL IAJE AWARD PRESENTED TO DAVID HARDIMAN DIRECTOR OF THE AAJC DANCE BAND, FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO JAZZ EDUCATION AT THE THIRTY-SECOND IAJE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE, LONG BEACH, CA, JANUARY 5-8, 2005.
10. AWARD “CHUMS, INC.” NATIONAL CONFERENCE, October 19-22, 2006, San Francisco, CA
11. NOMINEE FOR MALE JAZZ MAN OF THE YEAR 2015 FOR THE NORTHERN CA ENTERTAINERS MUSIC AWARDS FOR 2016. The Northern California Entertainers Music Awards at The Crest Theatre, 1013 KSt Sacramento, Ca. MALE JAZZ ARTIST of the year award nominees.
12. NOMINEE FOR MALE JAZZ MAN OF THE YEAR 2016 FOR THE NORTHERN CA ENTERTAINERS MUSIC AWARDS FOR 2017. The Northern California Entertainers Music Awards May 27th 2017 at The Crest Theatre, 1013 KSt Sacramento, Ca. MALE JAZZ ARTIST of the year award nominees.
13. NOMINEE FOR JAZZ BAND FOR THE YEAR 2016 FOR THE NORTHERN CA ENTERTAINERS MUSIC AWARDS FOR 2017. The Northern California Entertainers Music Awards May 27th 2017 at The Crest Theatre, 1013 KSt. Sacramento, CA. JAZZ BAND ARTIST of the Year.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- OAKLAND JAZZ COMPLEX, BOARD OF DIRECTOR, 2 YEARS
- JAZZ ACTION MOVEMENT, MEMBER
- BAY AREA JAZZ SOCIETY, PRESIDENT, 1984- 86
- AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MUSICIANS
- PHI MU ALPHA SINFONIA FRATERNITY
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NEGRO MUSICIANS
- INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR JAZZ EDUCATION
- AFRICAN AMERICAN JAZZ CAUCUS (IAJE)
- VICE PRESIDENT, OAKLAND PUBLIC CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC 2013
- PRESIDENT , CARIBBEAN BASIN INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATION AND CULTURE
- ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER, BAY AREA JAZZ SOCIETY-2017
|awesome man and jazz musician, July 14, 2009|
|Reviewer: Monica Aiken (Copenhagen, Selec)|
|If it weren't for David Hardiman's jazz improv class, his Jazz history class, his jazz arranging and composing class, his big band class, his encyclopedic knowledge of this art form, his contagious enthusiasm and optimism generosity, and if it weren't for him having a collection of stacks of jazz pieces, big band arrangements, a closet full of instruments and stacks of music cds,tapes, videos, all uncatalogued. It wouldn't have been that I met (my now husband) Thomas, who wanted to help me organize it all and archive it. This man is like a father. You just want to make him proud. He just encourages the good in people. And his music is amazing. I look up to him. Every time I see a jazz giant, I want to call him and tell him about it. This man is like the father of jazz for me. He cracked the door open, and made it fun to study and be proud about Jazz. When I first heard Tivoli's big band in Denmark, I called him, even though it's 9 hours off. He's a gem of a man. When everyone else will have given up, David Hardiman will still be blowing his trumpet and getting people together to hear Jazz and salsa and what have you. He'll still be smiling and playing. I love that man.|
MEET THE BANDLEADERS
BY DOUG LIGHT
TRUMPETER - BANDLEADER HARDIMAN
Spotlight on DAVID HARDIMAN
DAVID HARDIMAN BIG BAND
Trumpeter, David Hardiman, has been fronting a jazz - based dance orchestra out of
The style of the band is similar to that of “Count” Bill Basie's: Swingin' blues, ballades with a beat and plenty of ABBA-type charts with lots of solo slots. They also do a good number of contemporary pop items in the funk vein, thanks, in part, to Dave's son, David Anthony Hardiman who contributed some of the material while also playing trumpet in the group. Add some really effective Latin numbers and the vocal styling of three of the bay area's best girl singers: "Sweetie Mitchell, Mary Stallings and Kami Herron and you get quite a musical package for your money!
In 1977 Mr. Hardiman brought his 19 piece big band into the recording studios to record "It'll be Alright" on Theresa Record (TR-104). This, unfortunately, is only available on LP. (you will have to request an album personally by writing to David Hardiman at
Here are some facts about DAVID HARDIMAN:
a) Hardiman is competent in the areas of playing trumpet and piano. He has also mastered harmony, jazz music history, arranging, composing and conducting having studied music at both Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana as well as Indiana University in Bloomington Indiana.
b) David holds both a Master of Music degree as well as a Bachelor of Music Education Degree along with his standard teaching credentials.
c) David Hardiman's trumpet has been heard accompanying such musical pop stars as Jackie Wilson, "The Dells", "The Honey Cones", "Donny Hathaway, Red Prysock, Jonnie ray, Gladys Knight & The Pips, and Nancy Wilson.
d) In addition to playing trumpet and leading his own big band, Hardiman has been "in demand" as a sideman with Johnny Otis as well as local bay Area bands, such as those led by Joe Askew, Faye Carol (quintet), Eldridge Morrison, Jimmy Coe, "Cuz", Cousenau, and Earl Van.
e) David Hardiman's trumpet (along with his bugle) can be heard by residents as well as tourists of the
f) Outside of his jazz / big band oriented output, Hardiman can be seen and heard regularly in the trumpet section of Golden Gate Park Band which performs almost every Sunday at that famed recreation park.
g) David began as a substitute teacher in the Indianapolis Public School System, many times teaching academics more than music. This was during the years between 1959 to 1961.
h ) When David came out to the West Coast in 1971 he began teaching at Berkeley Unified School District as well as Martin Luther King Junior High School (grades 7 -8 )
i ) David's son , David Anthony Hardiman, whose career on the trumpet was naturally inspired by hearing his dad's own soaring horn has put his talents to resourceful use in the Hardiman band with his own personally arranged material. This gives the unit much contemporary musical appeal as the younger Hardiman sings the popular tunes of Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, and Kool and The Gang... As his dad recently replied: "He keeps the band popping!"
j) David has also performed some gigs with Peggy Lee and Joe Henderson as well as appearing on a Jerry Lewis Telethon with his big band.
k ) Hardiman's big band has also appeared regularly at the following festivities: Union Street Fair ( San Francisco) , Palo Alto Street Fair, San Francisco Art Festival, Duke Ellington Celebration, Willie Brown Cotton Club Revue, Martin Luther King Celebration, San Francisco Cable Car Celebration, Marin City Community Festival and the Count Basie Celebration.
l) It should be noted that Hardiman did quite a bit of rescoring himself and even contributed some arrangements of old Ellington standards for the various Duke Ellington tributes which have taken place through the years.
m) I can personally attest to the talent and skill of this man as in January 1985, I selected David to groom my own big band for recording session which we did at studio in
n) David also loves playing in Salsa bands as he has recorded and is featured regularly with the Generation Salsa Band.
o) Some of David's early musical associates in
p) Hardiman once performed in a revival big band that accompanied "Mr. Hi - De - Ho" himself, Cab Calloway.