WELCOME! Thank you for taking the time to learn a little more about me and the special services I offer.
My name is Fr. Marty Hunckler and I am a retired Roman Catholic priest living and celebrating life in Denver, Colorado. As an independent priest, no longer associated with any particular diocese in the Catholic Church, I have expanded my personal ministry to reach out to people of all faiths and beliefs. My present ministerial roles include the celebration of weddings, funerals, baptisms, special anniversaries, and many other events that touch the lives of all God's people. With over 25 years of experience, I have helped countless couples plan and celebrate meaningful and inclusive services.
Because of my background in the Catholic Church, I have a special understanding of the needs of those who are unable to solemnize their vows formally in the church because of a previous marriage situation, or who might desire to celebrate their vows in a special location or place not approved by the church. I am more than happy to speak with you about your options in this area, and to provide services which will reflect the traditions and customs in which you were raised.
Along with this special ministry, I am also available to celebrate uplifting and joyous services for any couple respecting their desire for either a Christian or non-Christian celebration. Over the past 25 years I have celebrated hundreds of weddings, and I have a very good understanding of the need to project a professional and caring attitude toward the bride, the groom and their guests.
Progressive, Open, and Happy to make your Celebration Personal and Uplifting, I look forward to speaking with you about the ways I can help you make your day really Special. Please feel free to contact me at: 303-333-3612 or leave an e-mail message for me Frmarty4@msn.com I promise to respond as soon as possible. You may also find me at: www.Rentapriest.com www.Decidio.com www.Interfaithofficiants.com www.Gatheringguide.com http://www.mywedding.com http://denver.allwedding.com http://www.Sapphirecelebrations.com/
I am available year round and would be happy to travel most anywhere in the front range, and High Country. I am also available for Vow renewal ceremonies, Anniversary celebrations, Baptisms, Funerals and small or private events.
SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER
- For couples who are Catholic, either Bride, Groom or both, the ceremony I will be celebrating with you does not fulfill the requirements of the Catholic Church for a Valid Sacramental marriage. I am, however authorized to witness your marriage, and I will complete and sign the license at the conclusion of the service.
- I am open to any type of service which reflects your personal desires and traditions. It will be important for us to meet together before the service to plan your celebration, and to make sure that I am aware of any special needs or desires you might have. Sometimes more than one meeting is necessary, and I am more than happy to meet as many times as you think necessary.
- When we meet we will discuss the music for your service, size of the wedding party, set up and special physical needs, your vows, and the ceremony in general.
- Not all weddings require a rehearsal, however I am happy to assist with this if my schedule allows. If the celebration will involve a large wedding party, it is a good idea to have some kind of rehearsal or meeting with the whole wedding party before the service. I always arrive for the service no less than One Hour before the service begins in order to make sure there are no last minute problems or changes.
- It is the responsibility of the bride and groom to attain a legal license from the state of Colorado. It is important that this be brought on the day of the wedding so that I can complete the form so that it may be returned to the county from which it was issued.
In this type of ministry, the fee collected for celebrating your service is called an “Honorarium” You have already “Honored” me by requesting information about the possibility of me celebrating your service, and in return I will “Honor” you and your guests with a very special ceremony. Below is a brief description of the honorarium requested for the services I share with you.
Small weekday wedding (Monday - Thursday) - $275.00 (with no rehearsal and within 40 miles one way), Meeting with the couple (as many times as necessary) before the service is included, along with service text preparation and completing legal documents. For weekday weddings beyond 40 miles, a fee of $100.00 is requested to cover additional time and travel expenses.
Full formal weekend wedding - (Friday - Sunday) - $475.00 Meeting with the bride and groom (as many times as necessary) prior to the wedding, and any contact and consultation necessary before the day of the service is included, along with service text preparation and completing legal documents.
For weddings taking place at venues West of the divide, or beyond 80 miles from Denver in the Front Range, an additional travel expense fee of $75.00 is requested.
OTHER CEREMONY FEES UPON REQUEST
The Honorarium may be presented any time before the wedding takes place, or immediately following the celebration on the day of the wedding.
All couples of course are free to meet with me at no obligation before making a decision to use my services.
I look forward to working and celebrating with you. Please feel free to contact me anytime (303-333-3612) if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for considering me to be a part of your very important day!